Smigies Nature Trail
Prepare for an epic journey along the Smigies Nature Trail, where breathtaking coastal views and lush forest landscapes await you.
If you choose the longer route, get ready to explore the remnants of old mines, mysterious magnesium facilities, and abandoned kilns, adding a touch of adventure to your hike.
Don’t forget to quench your thirst at the non-potable water fountain at Kefalovrisia, where the trail connects with the Adonis trail.
And let’s not forget about the unique flora and fauna that call this area home, from the endemic Cyprus germander and Golden-Drop to the elusive Cyprus wheatear and majestic Cyprus viper.
Lace-up your boots and embark on this unforgettable expedition through nature’s wonderland!
The starting point of the Smigies Trail is adjacent to the walking trail of Pissouromoutti.
The highlights of the Smigies Trail include:
- Beautiful coastal views of the Akamas peninsula and Chrysochous Bay.
- Views of Lara Bay, Polis, Pachyammos, and Pafos Forest.
- Passing by old mines, magnesium facilities, and abandoned kilns, showcasing the area’s industrial history.
- A dense section of the Akamas forest immerses you in nature.
- Connection with the Adonis Trail at Kefalovrisia, where you’ll find a non-potable water fountain.
- The presence of the Piana fire lookout station offers scenic vistas and a unique perspective.
- Opportunities to observe and study endemic flora and fauna, including Cyprus germander, Cyprus Golden-Drop, Cyprus warbler, and Cyprus viper.
These highlights make the Smigies Trail a delightful and diverse hiking experience in the Akamas region.